IAESB eNews: March 2016
Mar 04, 2016 | English
- Consultation Paper on 2017-2021 IAESB Strategy and Priorities
- Exposure Draft on Proposed Drafting Changes to IES™, Framework, and Glossary
- Guidance on Implementing a Learning Outcomes Approach
- Guidance for IES on Professional Competence for Audit Engagement Partners
- Latest Edition of Education Handbook Now Available
- IAESB November Meeting Highlights
- Upcoming Dates
1. Consultation Paper on 2017-2021 IAESB Strategy and Priorities
The IAESB seeks public comment on its consultation paper, Meeting Future Expectations of Professional Competence: A Consultation on the IAESB’s Future Strategy and Priorities.
COMMENT BY MARCH 8 »
2. Exposure Draft on Proposed Drafting Changes to IES™, Framework, and Glossary
The deadline is nearing for feedback on the Exposure Draft, Proposed Drafting Changes to International Education Standards, Framework for International Education Standards for Professional Accountants and Aspiring Accountants, & IAESB Glossary of Terms.
COMMENT BY MARCH 15 »
3. Guidance on Implementing a Learning Outcomes Approach
The IAESB has released a suite of guidance material to support the implementation of a learning outcomes approach by those responsible for Initial Professional Development (IPD) professional accounting education programs, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs, and the development of professional competence through practical experience.
READ MORE »
4. Guidance for IES on Professional Competence for Audit Engagement Partners
Support materials for the implementation of IES 8, Professional Competence for Engagement Partners Responsible for Audits of Financial Statements (Revised) have recently been issued.
READ MORE »
5. Latest Edition of Education Handbook Now Available
The 2015 Education Handbook contains the IAESB’s suite of newly revised and redrafted IES™ and the Framework for International Education Standards for Professional Accountants and Aspiring Professional Accountants.
ORDER NOW »
6. IAESB November Meeting Highlights
IAESB Chair Chris Austin, Deputy Chair Anne-Marie Vitale, and Education Board Member Greg Owens join IAESB Consultative Advisory Group Chair Keith Bowman to discuss key developments from the November 4-6, 2015, meeting in New York.
LISTEN TO PODCAST »
7. Upcoming Dates
- March 8, 2016: Comment Period for 2017-2021 IAESB Strategy Consultation Paper closes
- March 15, 2016: Comment Period for Proposed Drafting Changes to IES™ Exposure Draft closes
- April 11-12, 2016: IAESB Consultative Advisory Group Meeting, Johannesburg, South Africa
- April 12, 2016: IAESB-IRBA Accounting Education Forum, Johannesburg, South Africa
- April 13-15, 2016: IAESB Meeting, Johannesburg, South Africa