IAESB eNews: November 2017 Meeting
Dec 15, 2017 | Mexico City, Mexico | English
- IAESB &IAESB CAG Meet in Mexico City
- Accountancy Education Forum: Implementation Challenges
- Outreach with Accounting Students
- Roundtable Discussions: Information and Communications Technology
- New IAESB Personal Perspective: Promoting Trust for Sustainable Growth
- New Chair Joins IAESB CAG
- Understanding the IAESB: Spanish Language Video Available
- Upcoming Dates
1. IAESB &IAESB CAG Meet in Mexico City
At the invitation of the Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Públicos, the IAESB and its Consultative Advisory Group met in Mexico City, Oct. 30-Nov.3. The board and CAG agendas included discussions and collaboration on a range of topics that are critically important to global accounting education.
2. Accountancy Education Forum: Implementation Challenges
An Accountancy Education Forum on overcoming challenges in implementing professional accountancy education, hosted by the Colegio de Contadores Públicos de México (CCPM), was also held in Mexico City while the IAESB and CAG were there. The Forum featured a keynote address from Miguel López Miranda, Mexican Ministry of Education Director, on the Mexican education system and its impact on challenges faced by aspiring professional accountants.
3. Outreach with Accounting Students
While in Mexico City, IAESB and CAG members and technical advisors held an event with accounting students from local universities. Among other topics discussed where the opportunities an accounting career provides, accounting education requirements in different jurisdictions, and the skillsets employers look for.
4. Roundtable Discussions: Information and Communications Technology
A series of ICT roundtable discussions were held in Mexico City with members of the academic community, representatives from accounting organizations, and individuals from the business community. The roundtable discussions, part of IAESB efforts to enhance stakeholder engagement, sought insights on how the accounting education should help prepare professional accountants of the future for technological change.
5. New IAESB Personal Perspective: Promoting Trust for Sustainable Growth
In the latest IAESB Personal Perspective, IAESB Member Blanca Tapia and Technical Advisor Sylvia Meljem share their thoughts on developing trust in the accounting profession through the regulatory and standard setting environments. The series shares insights on some of the challenges the accounting profession faces related to the public’s perception of the services accountants provide.
6. New Chair Joins IAESB CAG
Professor Ray Johnson has been elected IAESB CAG chair for a three-year term beginning January 1, 2018. As chair, Prof. Johnson will lead the IAESB CAG in providing strategic and technical advice in the public interest and play a key role in ensuring that the CAG’s views are heard and considered in the IAESB’s execution of its strategy and work plan.
7. Understanding the IAESB: Spanish Language Video Available
Learn more about the IAESB’s work in this Spanish-language video with IAESB Member Prof. Blanca Tapia and Technical Advisor Prof. Sylvia Meljem.
8. Upcoming Dates
- April 16 and 17, 2018: IAESB CAG meeting, Nairobi, Kenya
- April 17, 2018: IAESB-ICPAK Accountancy Education Forum, Nairobi, Kenya
- April 18-20, 2018: IAESB meeting, Nairobi, Kenya