IAESB and IAESB Consultative Advisory Group Meetings in Nairobi, Kenya
Jun 11, 2018 | English
The International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB) and IAESB Consultative Advisory Group (CAG) met in Nairobi, Kenya, April 16-20. The meetings and related activities were hosted by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya and the Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board. In addition to the meetings, a number of IAESB and CAG members also participated in stakeholder engagement activities designed to inform the IAESB’s work.
The IAESB and CAG agendas included opportunities for discussion and collaboration on a range of important issues for global accounting education, including:
- Detailed discussion and analysis of responses and significant issues raised on the proposed International Education Standard (IES) 7, Continuing Professional Development (Revised);
- Approval of a new information and communications technology project proposal;
- Professional skepticism thought leadership articles and a draft IAESB consultation paper;
- Behavioral competence and potential integration with professional skepticism and/or information communications and technology initiatives;
- Implementation support and stakeholder engagement and communications;
- Discussion of a public sector accounting education project; and
- Update from the IFAC Compliance Advisory Panel, which will inform the IAESB’s planned post-effective date implementation review.
While in Kenya, the IAESB and CAG also held a Forum and roundtable and met with young accountants and students. For additional details on these activities, please see below.
- IAESB Accounting Education Forum: Lessons from East Africa
- IAESB Roundtables in Kenya: Information and Communications Technology
- IAESB Young Professionals Panel in Kenya