IAESB eNews: March 2019
Mar 26, 2019 | New York, New York | English
- International Education Standards Implementation
- Reminder: IAESB Meets in April
- Call for Nominations: International Accountancy Education Panel
- Webinar Announcement: Update on the Model to Advance International Accountancy Education
- New Video Available: IES 7 Roundtable Series
- Accounting Education Resources
- Upcoming Dates
1. International Education Standards Implementation
Two new videos from the IAESB address the challenges and best practices in adopting and implementing IES 4, Initial Professional Development – Professional Values, Ethics, and Attitudes. These videos are part of the IAESB’s ongoing focus on support stakeholder IES adoption and implementation efforts.
Watch the videos »
2. Reminder: IAESB Meets in April
The Indonesian Institute of Accountants and ASEAN Federation of Accountants are hosting upcoming meetings of the IAESB Consultative Advisory Group (April 8-9) and the IAESB (April 9-11) in Bali, Indonesia. Agenda items include review of comments received for Exposure Draft, Proposed Revisions to IESs 2, 3, 4, and 8, as well as the transition to a new model for accountancy education. An international conference, Competencies of the Future: Professionalism of Accountants in the Disruptive Era, will also be held by the IAI, AFA, and IAESB.
Access meeting materials »
Register for the conference »
3. Call for Nominations: International Accountancy Education Panel
IFAC and the IAESB have developed a plan for a new path forward for global accountancy education and professional development. A new advisory International Panel on Accountancy Education and a multi-stakeholder engagement framework are important components of the model.
A call on IFAC members and the Forum of Firms to nominate candidates for the Panel, including the chair, has been issued. Nominations are due May 3, 2019. IFAC is also requesting support developing a multi-stakeholder database that will help implement an engagement framework by June 7, 2019).
Learn more and submit a nomination »
4. Webinar Announcement: Update on the Model to Advance International Accountancy Education
Stakeholders are invited to the second update webinar on the future model for international accountancy education on April 23, 2019. This webinar builds on the information shared during the December 2018 webinar and follow-up survey, which indicated strong support for the new model.
Register for the webinar »
5. New Video Available: IES 7 Roundtable Series
A new video is now available addressing changes, implications, and impact of IES 7 for accountants working in business and for IFAC member organizations.
Watch the new video »
Catch up on the full series:
6. Accounting Education Resources
The IAESB Accounting Education Resources web page organizes implementation materials to support accountancy education. These materials support academics, training providers, professional accountancy organizations, and employers in all aspects of accountancy education. The web page also includes a listing of the full library of additional implementation support materials.
Access the page »
7. Upcoming Dates
- April 8-9, IAESB CAG Meeting, Bali, Indonesia
- April 9-11, IAESB Meeting, Bali, Indonesia
- April 11-12, IAI–AFA–IAESB International Conference, Bali, Indonesia
- June 24-26, IAESB Meeting, Toronto, Canada